[Debichem-devel] GROMACS 4.6-beta1 release

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 18:15:38 UTC 2012

Hello Jussi, Klaus, Nicholas and Christoph,

I understand you guys manage the distribution of GROMACS packages for the
major Linux distributions.

We've just made a beta release for GROMACS 4.6, and anticipate a few more
over the coming weeks and then a final release in the next two months or
so. We'd love for the packages to make their way out into user space so we
can get some feedback and uptake. We have made a major shift to using CMake
rather than autotools for our building and packaging, which probably means
the existing packaging schemes will need some updating. Do let us know if
we can help with details or advice there.

Source tarball: ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/gromacs/gromacs-4.6-beta1.tar.gz
Manual PDF: ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/manual/gromacs-manual-4.6-beta1.pdf
Install guide:
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions

Thanks!

Mark Abraham