[Debichem-devel] VOTCA available on my PPA

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Thu Dec 12 22:22:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 03:28:43AM -0700, Christoph Junghans wrote:
> 2013/12/10 Michael Banck <mbanck at debian.org>:
> > The next step would be to import your packaging into the Debichem
> > repositories, either as subversion or git.  I am personally still using
> > subversion myself, but I am happy to review your package in git as well,
> > of course.
>
> I usually prefer git, but svn is fine, too. What is easier to use?

I find subversion easier to use, but that probably mostly because I
haven't really wrapped my head around git for Debian packaging yet.

> svn has svn-buildpackage, right? Is there something similar for git?
> Is there a guide on how to get started?

There's git-buildpackage, but the general "issue" with git and Debian
packaging is that there is no one-true work-flow on how to do it.

With subversion, we just keep the debian/ directory in subversion and
tag packages on upload, see e.g.

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debichem/tags/cp2k/

or

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debichem/unstable/cp2k/debian/