[Debichem-devel] Revitalising Weekly infolist of updatable packages for the debichem project?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat May 25 19:59:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

I remember a nice service that was used in the DebiChem team until the
move of Alioth (two years ago?).  Since a long time I considered to
reproduce this for all Blends and since now Blends metadata are
available in UDD this would become very simple with the query I commited
wrapped into a shell script at

  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=blends/website.git;a=blob;f=misc/sql/upgradable.sh

Called on a host running UDD it boils down to

$ ./upgradable.sh debichem
  source  | unstable_version | unstable_upstream
----------+------------------+-------------------
 aces3    | 3.0.6            | 3.0.7
 cdk      | 1.2.10           | 1.4.18
 chemfp   | 1.0              | 1.1p1
 cp2k     | 2.2.426          | 2.3
 espresso | 5.0              | 5.0.2
 gromacs  | 4.5.5            | 4.6.1
 jmol     | 12.2.32+dfsg2    | 13.0.15
 kalzium  | 4.10.2           | 4.10.3
 mmass    | 5.4.1            | 5.4.1.5.4.1
 openmx   | 3.5              | 3.6
 pymol    | 1.5.0.1          | 1.6~beta1
 rdkit    | 201212           | 201303
 v-sim    | 3.6.0            | 3.6.1.1
(13 rows)

It could easily wrapped up into a script to send some mail or put this
on a web page.  Any volunteer to finalise this?

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de