[Debichem-devel] xulrunner-dev is gone

Mike Hommey mh at glandium.org
Wed Jun 11 09:41:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:25:53AM +0200, Gabriele Giacone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 4:47 AM, Mike Hommey <mh at glandium.org> wrote:
> > I just uploaded iceweasel 30 to unstable, which is the first version not
> > to provide xulrunner-dev. Instead, there is an iceweasel-dev package,
> > and it most certainly has things missing. Read: I *know* there are
> > things missing. I just don't know what specifically reverse build deps
> > would need.
> >
> > This is where I need your assistance: could you try building your
> > packages against iceweasel-dev and see what they are bugging about?
> > Please file bugs against iceweasel-dev for anything missing you'd
> > encounter.
>
> At the moment gnash expects npapi.h under /usr/include/xulrunner*
> dirs. Fixable by making it look for it also under
> /usr/include/iceweasel*. Will ubuntu move headers to /u/i/firefox*?

AFAICT, Ubuntu has a firefox-dev package that only contains NPAPI
headers in /usr/include/firefox. I don't think that would be enough for
all rdeps we have in Debian. I think some are not NPAPI plugins.

Anyways, I guess most rdeps are just using the mozilla-*.pc files. I'll
at least add the mozilla-plugin.pc one in next upload (which I'll do
tomorrow morning, after I confirm only armel is broken). That should
help most.

> How about linking /u/i/xulrunner -> /u/i/iceweasel-N instead?
>
> BTW would packaging npapi-sdk still be a good alternative?
>
>   https://bugs.debian.org/642168

Definitely, yes.

Mike