[Debichem-devel] p4VASP packaging

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sat Jun 28 12:48:17 UTC 2014

Hi Graham,

On Sat, Jun 07, 2014 at 11:12:50AM +0200, Graham Inggs wrote:
> On 16 March 2014 14:18, Michael Banck <mbanck at debian.org> wrote:
> > You talk about API documentation above, but I don't see any in the .deb
> > I built, did that get stripped again or is this some in-app feature with
> > a non-standard location?
>
> I ended up repacking the source tarball, excluding the API documentation
> and a couple of other files we don't need (trimming it down to 1/10 of its
> original size).
> If we ever decide to ship the API documentation in future, we would build
> it using epydoc and doxygen as upstream do anyway.

[...]

> API documentation and header files are no longer included.

Can you explain how the repackaged upstream tarball should be generated?
I couldn't find a recipe in debian/watch or the get-orig-source target
in debian/rules.  Sorry, I have to admit uscan/watch files aren't my
forte.

Apart from that, the changelog still says UNRELEASED, do you want me to
update that (and the the timestamp) before uploading, or are you goingt
to update that yourself after review and before uploading?

Cheers,

Michael