[Debichem-devel] RFS: libchemps2/1.4-1 -- spin-adapted DMRG for ab initio quantum chemistry

Sebastian Wouters sebastianwouters at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 05:12:49 UTC 2014

Hi Michael,

In my last mail I forgot to CC the mailing list, so that's why part of the
mail will seem familiar.

 - My freshly created account on alioth is "sebwouters-guest".
 - Do I just need to provide the modified libchemps2-1.4 source (with
patches) and the debian/ folder (with patches) on the debichem git repo?
 - Thus far, I have only worked out the C++ shared library and development
files, but there's in fact also a python interface (PyCheMPS2) which would
be nice to have as a third library in the package.
 - A second thing which I still need to figure out is how to run the tests
of the shared C++ / Python library. They're not intended for users to
install as an executable, but it might be good to run these tests after the
buildd deamon has finished.

There will probably be some documentation on the last two items, but I
haven't discovered it yet. Do you have an idea?

Thanks for showing interest, and for your very quick response! I was also
delighted to see that you had discovered chemps2 before, and added it to
the "prospective packages" list.

Best,
Sebastian