[Debichem-devel] chemps2 executable

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert at wgdd.de
Mon Aug 24 20:45:49 UTC 2015

Am Montag, den 24.08.2015, 11:50 -0400 schrieb Sebastian Wouters:

> This weekend I added an executable to the chemps2 github repo:
> https://github.com/SebWouters/CheMPS2/blob/master/manpage.1
> https://github.com/SebWouters/CheMPS2/blob/master/CheMPS2/executable.
> cpp
>
> Comments are very welcome!

I'd like to propose a few changes in the manpage and attach my
proposal.

About the changes (from top to bottom):
- SYMMETRY is a somewhat unusual top-section, so I'd recommend to make
it a sub-section
- a verbatim area can be created by the .EX/.EE or .nf/.fi macros, so
you don't need to manually add linebreaks
- I changed the options to use the .TP macro (should also save you some
typing) and polished the highlighting a bit
- URLs are usually highlighted (\fI,\fR) and should not break (\%);
dito E-mail addresses
- dropped all manual linebreaks in the last paragraph - no need to use
them; the man terminal width can be controlled via the MANWIDTH
environment variable if necessary

You might want to add a paragraph what happens, if you call the program
without any argument, e.g. what's the default file it works on?

Please feel free to use the changes/attached manual page.

Regards, Daniel