[Debichem-devel] chemps2 v1.6

Sebastian Wouters sebastianwouters at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 23:28:47 UTC 2015

Hi Graham & Michael,

I have released v1.6 upstream [1], and have adjusted the git repo on alioth
accordingly [2]. Ten functions were added to libchemps2-1.symbols and two
were removed. The removed ones were optional symbols, corresponding to
private member functions of the DMRG class. They are hence not user
accessible functions, so I assume the SO version stays libchemps2.so.1?

I also added symbols for both gcc4 and gcc5 strings, on the observation
that "Ss" arguments and
"NSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE" seemed to be
interchangable in Graham's update of the (optional) symbols list.

All other changes are highlighted in [3-6]. Since I'm fairly new to the
business, I suggest that someone with more experience takes a careful look.

You should only bump the Standards-Version once you have ensured that
> your package conforms to the current version of Debian policy.
> There is also a handy checklist that indicates what has changed
> between versions of policy.

I'm compliant to the changes from 3.9.5 to 3.9.6 according to the website
you mentioned.

> Packages uploaded to Debian should be built and and tested in Debian
> unstable.
> One way to do this is within a virtual machine running Debian unstable.
> If you are unable to do this, please note this explicitly when
> requesting sponsorship of your uploads so the sponsor can take extra
> care before uploading.

I tested everything on ubuntu 14.04, so please take extra care before
uploading.

Best wishes,
Sebastian

[1] https://github.com/SebWouters/CheMPS2/releases/tag/v1.6