[Debichem-devel] chemps2 v1.6

Daniel Leidert dleidert at debian.org
Fri Aug 28 12:37:53 UTC 2015

Am Mittwoch, den 26.08.2015, 19:28 -0400 schrieb Sebastian Wouters:

> I have released v1.6 upstream [1], and have adjusted the git repo on
> alioth accordingly [2]. Ten functions were added to libchemps2
> -1.symbols and two were removed. The removed ones were optional
> symbols, corresponding to private member functions of the DMRG class.
> They are hence not user accessible functions, so I assume the SO
> version stays libchemps2.so.1?
>
> I also added symbols for both gcc4 and gcc5 strings, on the
> observation that "Ss" arguments and
> "NSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE" seemed to be
> interchangable in Graham's update of the (optional) symbols list.

Seems, you need to update the symbols file. I'll attach the build log
(amd64, pbuilder chroot). The build itself fails here because of
changed symbols.

There are a fvew helper tools to update the symbols file:
https://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/symbolfiles.html

Unfortunately I'm not that experienced with symbol files. So hopefully
someone else can help you further.

> >  Packages uploaded to Debian should be built and and tested in
> > Debian unstable.
> > One way to do this is within a virtual machine running Debian
> > unstable.
> > If you are unable to do this, please note this explicitly when
> > requesting sponsorship of your uploads so the sponsor can take
> > extra
> > care before uploading.
> I tested everything on ubuntu 14.04, so please take extra care before
> uploading.

You can easily create a Debian build environment under Ubuntu if you
want. I use pbuilder (and used it to build Ubuntu packages under
Debian). There are further sbuild, cowbuilder and probably a few other
tools to create clean build environments of Ubuntu and Debian.

PS: What's the reason that you use DH_VERBOSE (debian/rules)?

Regards, Daniel