[Debichem-devel] Debichem logo

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sun Aug 30 17:00:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

as I've mentioned at DebConf, I'm currently working on a Debichem
poster.  For that, I also wanted to include some kind of logo, so I came
up with this as a placeholder for now:

http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/debichem.pdf

The idea is to have the "chem" in the typical chemical formula typeface.
I pondered for a while something like "CH_3m" (like a CH3 methyle
group), but that looks too l33t for my taste.

The other idea I had back in the days was adopting the restrictd use
logo:

https://www.debian.org/logos/officiallogo-nd.pdf

and replace the flask with a bubbling flask like

http://cliparts.co/cliparts/pi7/8oL/pi78oLyyT.svg

or

http://www.cliparthut.com/clip-arts/1729/beaker-clip-art-free-1729426.png

or

http://chem-international.com/wp-content/themes/twentythirteen/images/home-page-beaker-whole-cropped.png

To this:

http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/debichem_logo_2.pdf

Anybody have a better idea and/or could execute this better?

Michael