[Debichem-devel] Metadyn View

Vojtech Spiwok Vojtech.Spiwok at vscht.cz
Wed Aug 19 15:32:50 UTC 2015

Dear sir, dear madame,

As a result of our research in the field of molecular
simulations we developed a web-based program for
visualization of the results of a modern molecular
simulation technique know as metadynamics. Our program
called Metadyn View can be found at http://metadyn.vscht.cz
as a web application or at the same page following the link
"Download program" or GitHub
(https://github.com/hosekp/metadyn_view) as a source.
The program is written entirely in HTML 5, JavaScript and
CSS and therefore it does not have to be compiled.
Instead it can be launched by any modern web browser.
The program is distributed under GPL.

In order to introduce and document this program to the
scientific community we wrote a manuscript and submitted
it for a peer review to a prestigious software-oriented
journal Computer Physics Communications. Recently we
received an evaluation report from the editorial office.
An anonymous reviewer of the manuscript suggested to
register the program as a package via
debichem-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org.
We support this idea and therefore we are contacting you.
We would appreciate if you can inform us whether Metadyn
View fits the policies to be included as a package. We
are looking forward to your answer and we would be happy
to provide you any material or information you request.

Yours sincerely
Petr Hošek and Vojtěch Spiwok
University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague