[Debichem-devel] updated python-ase / gpaw

Graham Inggs graham at nerve.org.za
Wed Jul 15 18:09:20 UTC 2015

Hi

cc-ing Marcin Dulak who is currently working on packaging gpaw.

In order to to package neural -- machine-learning for atomistics (ITP
bug #790803), I need an newer version of python-ase.  I contacted the
current maintainer (and upstream) Ask Hjorth Larsen and discussed
maintaining the package under Debichem.  Neural might undergo a name
change before it is released.

I've been working on the python-ase packaging in git [1].
I believe it is ready for upload but Ask indicated that a new version
might be released in a few weeks.  I don't mind whether 3.9.0 is
uploaded now or if we wait for the next version.

I also don't mind moving my packaging attempt to debian-science if it
is felt that will be a better home for it.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debichem/packages/python-ase.git

Regards
Graham