[Debichem-devel] updated python-ase / gpaw

Graham Inggs graham at nerve.org.za
Fri Jul 24 17:04:08 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas

On 24 July 2015 at 18:14, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:
> I was building in an unstable chroot which obviously used Python 3.4
> (not 3.5).  The log said:

Sorry, I was confused.  I think I saw that Ubuntu have already switched to 3.5.

> So if you build in an unstable chroot you do not get this error?

I have limited connectivity until next week.
I tried building with your changes on the first machine available
which happened to be running Ubuntu 14.04.
(What I pushed to git was tested against unstable using sbuild though)

> If you want to push on a quick update I'm fine with reverting this
> change.  However, at some point in time you will need to do it anyway.
> Its youe choice when you want to do this.

At this stage, I'd prefer if we uploaded a Python2-only version.

I can then look at the test case failure you saw, and Python3 in more
detail, over the coming weeks.

Regards
Graham