[Debichem-devel] [Outreachy] pymol

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Aug 22 08:11:19 UTC 2016

Hi Tanya,

On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 01:19:03PM +0300, merlettaia wrote:
> I've made testsuite for apbs (I took its own tests "(cd tests; python
> apbs_tester.py -c test_cases.cfg)", installed them to usr/share/apbs, and
> made sure that they work when installed).
> Regarding python interface, which is used by pdb2pqr, it is not present in
> source archive.
> apbs source releases are available on github, but they contain both apbs
> and pdb2pqr (probably because they both are developed in the same
> repository)
> https://github.com/Electrostatics/apbs-pdb2pqr/releases
> On SourceForge there are 2 versions of apbs (1.4.1 and 1.4.2), but they
> both don't have source archive. Version 1.4.0 is old.
> I asked maintainers via gitter channel to add latest apbs source package to
> SourceForge, let's see if they'll do it.
> But probably changing debian/watch to take releases from github might be
> the option.

Thanks for your work on this.  I'm a bit offline-ish this week and thus
a short notice.  If I where you I'd point d/watch to Github and package
the latest upstream version.  May be some Daniel or Michael might
comment here.  Moving the packaging from SVN to Git might be also a
sensible thing to do but DebiChem team might raise their option as well.

> I also translated debian/copyright to machine-readable format, but I
> haven't checked if something is missing. There are also MAPBS (matlab
> scripts) inside tools/ directory, they have their own license, but I
> haven't installed them and haven't checked if their license present in
> debian/copyright yet.

As long as we have no sign that the scripts work with Octave as well and
thus are usable with free software I personally would not care about
this.

> Regarding pymol, I'll fix debian/copyright now.

Thanks for working on this.  Just ping if something needs uploading.  If
someone else might take over the sponsoring that would be nice - please
respond to the according mail to let me know.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de