[Debichem-devel] gElemental: SVN to Git migration

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert at wgdd.de
Tue Dec 12 13:01:47 UTC 2017

Hi Graham,

> I would like to migrate gElemental [1] from SVN to Git, and work on
> adding information for new elements named by IUAPAC in November 2016.
>
> Michael suggested I check with you first.  Do you have any objections?

No objections, so please proceed. Some thoughts though:

- The software is not developed anymore and the upstream homepage has
vanished years ago. I wonder, if we should better remove such software
from Debian instead of supporting it as long as possible. I do see that
this goes for almost every piece of software provising a periodic table.

- gElemental used the BODR data, but put it into a C header file. Probably
BODR needs an update too then?

Regards, Daniel