[Debichem-devel] chemps2 1.8.4-1

Graham Inggs ginggs at debian.org
Thu Jul 13 10:19:03 UTC 2017

Hi Sebastian

On 13 July 2017 at 11:59, Sebastian Wouters <sebastianwouters at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Graham,
>
> Molcas is going to release an open source version openMolcas utilizing
> chemps 1.8.4 or later.
>
> For that release, and because the currently backported version is 1.6-1 [1],
> would it be possible to backport 1.8.4?
>
> Thank you for your reply and time!
>
> Best wishes,
> Sebastian
>
> [1] https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=sebastianwouters@gmail.com

I'm not all that familiar with the backports process, but I think
1.8.4 should at least be available in unstable and possibly testing
first.  If you prepare 1.8.4-2 targeted for unstable we can get that
uploaded so long.  Things that should be checked for the this upload:
switching to debhelper 10, Standards-Version 4.0.0 (see policy
checklist [2]) and please install the latest Lintian from Sid
(currently 2.5.51).

Regards
Graham

[2] https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/upgrading-checklist.txt