[Debichem-devel] chemps2 1.8.4-2 testing/unstable/backport

Sebastian Wouters sebastianwouters at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 13:44:34 UTC 2017

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the thorough check.

> 1.  You changed the build-dependency on debhelper to (>= 10), but
> debian/compat needs to be bumped to 10 as well for this to have any
> effect.

Done.

> 2.  You also changed the build-dependency on cmake to (>= 3.0.2),
> please mention the reason in debian/changelog.

Done (upstream requires this as of 1.8.4 due to build system changes).

> 3.  Please also mention bumping to debhelper 10, Standards-Version
> 4.0.0 and the changes to debian/copyright in debian/changelog
> (preferably one line each).

Done.

> 4.  As per the Package Tracker for chemps2 [1], the Multiarch Hinter
> reports 4 issues.  If you are happy with its suggested changes, please
> make them.

Done. Very good idea.

One question though: libchemps2-dev installs headers in
/usr/include/chemps2/*.h. If you install two different architecture
packages and then delete one, will the headers remain?

> 5.  Also per the Package Tracker, the Build Log Hardening Checker
> reports 75 (of 77) compiler flags hidden.  This can be fixed by
> removing the line "set (CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE  OFF)" from
> CMakeLists.txt.  This can be done in a patch for now, and possibly
> included in your next upstream release.

Fixed in a different way (by passing an argument to make), see [2].

Let me know if you have questions or if you disagree with the option chosen
to fix 5.

Best wishes,
Sebastian

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/chemps2