[Debichem-devel] scalapack 2.0 now in experimental

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Wed Jul 19 15:06:15 UTC 2017

Hi Debichem team,

scalapack 2.0 is now available in experimental.  It's quite a big
transition (absorbing blacs, most notably) so we'll want to test
dependent packages before dropping it into unstable.  We need to check
the transition from blacs to scalapack is smooth.

Can you tell us (or commit to the scalapack git directly) if we need
any tweaks to keep elpa, c2pk and espresso happy?

scalapack now builds with cmake and we may want to change the way we
install its cmake scripts. pkg-config also.  We've built both openmpi
and mpich versions.

Cheers,
Drew