[Debichem-devel] scalapack 2.0 now in experimental

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Mon Sep 11 04:01:22 UTC 2017

Hi Debichem team,

I've uploaded nmus to remove the libblacs-mpi-dev dependency in
    elpa
    espresso
    cp2k (it had an undeclared dependency on blacs, satisfied indirectly
    	    by libscalapack-mpi-dev)

(I also updated freefem++)

I made a typo in the changelog for elpa 2016.05.001-4.1, I meant
"BLACS is now included" not "BLACS is not included". Please correct it
when you fold the nmu into your elpa repo.

I've also filed bug reports for nwchem.

That should be all the BLACS clients, unless there are any other
undeclared dependencies.  SCALAPACK clients should rebuild against
scalapack2 without drama (at most they might need a path updated for
multiarch libs).

Cheers,
Drew