[Debichem-devel] How to update AliothRewriter (Was: Git migration on February 4th 2018)

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert at wgdd.de
Fri Feb 9 13:48:13 UTC 2018

Andreas Tille wrote:

[..]
> To complete the migration I intended to add
> the two projects to AliothRewriter but I somehow failed to issue the
> merge request.  This is what I did:
>
>   git clone git at salsa.debian.org:salsa/AliothRewriter.git
>   cd AliothRewriter
>   git checkout -b debichem
>   vi definitions/debichem.conf
>   git commit -a -m"Add another two migrated DebiChem packages (more to
> come)"
>   git format-patch HEAD^
>   mailx -s "debichem"
> `E-Mail_Address_I've_git_from_https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter/merge_requests`
> < 0001-Add-another-two-migrated-DebiChem-packages-more-to-c.patch
>
> Unfortunately even after waiting for several hour I do not see any
> according merge request at
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter/merge_requests
>
> Any idea how to get the AliothRewriter updated?

You probably need to fork this project (e.g. into your own namespace [1])
and push your changes there. Then issue the merge-request with the address
created from

https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter/merge_requests

Otherwise you mail a patch, but there is no source (and no branch
"debichem") to merge from.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/users/tille/projects

HTH and regards, Daniel