[Debichem-devel] Updating openbabel

Alex Mestiashvili amestia at rsh2.donotuse.de
Thu Mar 15 16:05:56 UTC 2018

> AFAIK there's plans to do a 3.0 release at some point this year, but I
> don't think there's a concrete release roadmap/timeframe yet.

Ok, I didn't know that, I'll open an issue anyway.

> There's a few foo-snapshot packages, but I would like to avoid that.
>
> Maybe we can upload 2.4.1 to unstable finally, and upload a few git
> snapshots to experimental so people can check that out in preperation of
> 3.0?

Sounds like the way to go.
As I anyway had to build the package for my group, I created the repo on
salsa [0]. I'll be happy to incorporate it if it is good enough.
The important points of the packaging:
 - latest version
 - python3 module

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/mestia/openbabel-beta/