[Debichem-devel] update pymol to 2.1.0 to use PyQt interface

Graham Inggs ginggs at debian.org
Tue May 1 17:07:14 BST 2018

Hi Jack

Pymol 2.1.0 was recently uploaded to Debian [1], unfortunately too
late to be included in Ubuntu 18.04, but it should make it to 18.10.

Andreas, I wasn't sure if you are subscribed to debichem-devel, but
there is a problem with the autopkgtest in that upload [2].

On 21 April 2018 at 18:05, Jack Howarth <howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Debian developers asked me to forward the bug report filed on launchpad
> against the ubuntu pymol package to the debian developers since it is based
> on that one.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pymol/+bug/1763992
>
> The update to the 2.1.0 release is fairly trivial with the regeneration of
> three patches to deal with context changes...
>
> 02_test-suite.patch
> 22_fix_pymol_import.patch
> 33_fix_relative_paths_in_example_scripts.patch
>
> and the addition of a 40_fix_apbstools_search_path.patch to fix the issue
> where pdb2pqr.py is not found by the APBS Tools plugin.
>
> Lastly the required dependencies for...
>
>          python-pyqt5,
>          python-pyqt5.qtopengl,
>
> must be added to control file for the Depends of the pymol Package section
> to insure that the PyQt support is available for use.

Regards
Graham

[1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pymol/news/20180427T085319Z.html
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=897191