[Debichem-devel] new xcrysden version 1.6

Daniel Leidert dleidert at debian.org
Sun Dec 1 21:10:58 GMT 2019

Am Montag, den 28.10.2019, 17:32 +0100 schrieb Tone Kokalj:

> I would like to inform you that xcrysden-1.6 has been released.
> It's source tarball is available here:
> http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xcrysden-1.6.2.tar.gz
>
> I would much appreciate if it can be transformed into a Debian package.

I've uploaded the package. It looks good so far. Because xcrysden had been
removed from Debian the package must process the NEW-queue again. There are
some packages built by the Salsa CI service however if required (for testing or
using):

https://salsa.debian.org/debichem-team/xcrysden/-/jobs/433979/artifacts/browse/debian/output/

The bwidgets stuff still needs to be stripped out at some point and I'll need
some help with that.

The only issue I observed was that the examples/ link is created using

> ln -sf

But this leads to an absolute link which must be overwritten during the package
build (otherwise it points to the building location, not the installation
location). I'd suggest to use

> ln -srf

instead to create a relative link, which is independent from the real location.

There is also a minor typo:

> I: xcrysden: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/pwo2xsf.1.gz formated formatted

Regards, Daniel