[Debichem-devel] RFH: drawxtl seg-faulting (#853829)

Daniel Leidert dleidert at debian.org
Sun Dec 22 23:58:31 GMT 2019

Hi,

I'm in need of assistance to fix #853829. The issue is that drawxtl segfaults
on exit. The offending lines are 350 and/or 356 (and similar) in
source/DRAWxtl55/CrystalView.cxx. I get the gut feeling that calling the
delete() function on the Fl_Window objects (Configure->ConfigWindow), for which
the destructor (~Fl_Window()) already has been called, might be the issue here:

>      if (Configure) {
>         Configure->ConfigWindow->~Fl_Window ();
>         delete (Configure->ConfigWindow);
>         delete (Configure);
>         Configure = NULL;

But I'm not experienced with FLTK and I even cannot find a description of the
delete() function to judge, if this method is safe or unsafe to call here. If
I'm right, the fix is as easy as commenting out the relevant delete() calls.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards, Daniel