[Debichem-devel] mdanalysis_1.0.0+dfsg1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Tue Nov 3 12:51:57 GMT 2020

On 2020-11-01 07:00, Sean Whitton wrote:
> +----------------------+
> |   REJECT reasoning   |
> +----------------------+
>
> Looks like maintainer/install_hole.sh could go into contrib but not
> main.  If
> it's not needed for the Debian package then best to just remove.

Hi Sean, the maintainer subdir is just scripts upstream uses to make its
own packages, e.g. conda packages.  We're not using it at all.

HOLE is optional functionality, accessible through
package/MDAnalysis/analysis (analysis/hole2 in particular), only
activated if the hole executable happens to be available.
It's not core functionality. The remainder of MDAnalysis runs normally
(free). I don't think we gain so much by separating out the hole
components.  What do you think?

Drew