[Debichem-devel] mdanalysis_1.0.0+dfsg1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Tue Nov 3 23:33:43 GMT 2020

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 03:46:55PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> On Wed 04 Nov 2020 at 02:13AM +08, Drew Parsons wrote:

> >> I'm afraid that isn't relevant.  We can't include code in main which
> >> has
> >> non-free dependencies, whether or not it gets installed in the binary
> >> package.
> >

> > But it's not a dependency. As far as our package is concerned, there is
> > no HOLE.
>
> It's a dependency of that script, which is included in your package :)

Honestly, I don't follow - being a shell script, it doesn't depend on
anything non-free, it's not shipped in the binary package, it just
happens to curl a non-free thing if executed.

I have the feeling this is moving the goalposts, but maybe that's been
going on all the time, and things like the copyrighted material
downloaded by the youtube-dl testsuite were just not caught earlier?

Michael