[Debichem-devel] Intending to remove jmol-applet while upgrading jmol

Pierre Gruet pgt at debian.org
Thu Sep 16 09:19:03 BST 2021

Hi Daniel and Andrius,

Thanks for your answers!

I have just seen chemical-structures, which is maintained by Georges
Khaznadar, declares a Suggests for jmol-applet.
I will discuss it with Georges before removing anything... At some point
jmol-applet will have to be removed anyway, as the package will FTBFS
when we have OpenJDK 17 as default in Debian. I would like to anticipate
but maybe Georges will have other constraints.

Le 16/09/2021 à 00:13, Daniel Leidert a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, dem 15.09.2021 um 21:10 +0200 schrieb Pierre Gruet:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I am currently working on updating the jmol package. Andrius had already
>> started doing so some months ago.
>>
>> I would like to fill a removal request for jmol-applet on behalf of the
>> team. jmol-applet is one of the four binary packages built from jmol.
> [..]
>> If no one complains about it, I will fill the removal bug within a few days.
>
> Go for it. JFTR: You can also file that request after updating jmol if I am not
> mistaken.

OK, thanks for the information. I will consider that...

>> By the way, could someone please add me to the Salsa team (request
>> currently pending) so that I could push my changes? Thanks a lot!
>
> Interestingly I haven't received your request. Accepted it now though.

I received the confirmation email, thanks!

> Regards, Daniel

Best regards,

--
Pierre