[Debichem-devel] mopac_22.0.6-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sun Jan 22 11:23:48 GMT 2023

Hi Thorsten,

On Sun, Jan 22, 2023 at 09:09:05AM +0000, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> besides the LGPL copyright these files also contain other copyright information:
>   mopac-22.0.6/src/makpol/standard.F90
>   mopac-22.0.6/src/deprecated/Password.F90
> I am afraid those are not compatible with DFSG. Can you please clarify with upstream?

Good catch, I've opened https://github.com/openmopac/mopac/issues/144
upstream for this. The Password.F90 is a clear case of course, but I'm a
bit baffled by the other one, the DANGLE() subroutine has been in public
domain MOPAC for decades without any notion of some Fujitsu copyright...

In the meantime, I've removed those two files with dfsg repack and
adjusted the build system so that the (less important) mopac-makpol
executable is not being built. I've uploaded mopac_22.0.6+dfsg-1 now.

Thanks,

Michael