[Debichem-devel] Bug#1138824: rdkit: switching to static libraries

Andrius Merkys merkys at debian.org
Fri Oct 2 08:34:12 BST 2026


Hello,

I have managed to switch rdkit to static-only libraries in branch 
'switch-to-static' on Salsa. The package is uploaded to experimental for 
trying it out. Most of the packages depending on python3-rdkit rebuild 
as before. Only two packages declare dependency on librdkit-dev: coot 
and votca. The latter, src:votca, does not seem to need this dependency 
in first place (#1149310), but there are problems with src:coot which 
fails by complaining about faulty rdkit-targets.cmake. This is most 
likely true as I did not inspect the installed *.cmake definitions - 
will do it when I have time.

I would like to ask the co-maintainers to review the resulting package 
in experimental. Are my changes OK, does the package look maintainable? 
I had to patch the buildsystem a bit to statically link python wrappers, 
but the patch is rather small.

Best,
Andrius



More information about the Debichem-devel mailing list