[Debichem-devel] Bug#1145147: custodian: FTBFS against python 3.15rc2

Maximiliano Curia maxy at debian.org
Wed Sep 16 10:13:25 BST 2026


user debian-python at lists.debian.org
usertags 1145147 python3.15
tags 1145147 patch
thanks

Hi!

While rebuilding the python related packages against the Python 3.15rc2
version I ran into this FTBFS [1].

To solve this issue, I created a patch to normalize the file path to an
absolute path when caching VASP outputs. This patch should likely be
sent upstream as well.

I've applied this fix in the sandbox [2] to verify that it builds
successfully, these should be applied in Debian to get the package back
to a healthy state.

Happy hacking,

[1]: https://debusine.debian.net/debian/r-python-python3.15/artifact/4651640/
[2]: https://debusine.debian.net/debian/r-python-python3.15/

-- 
"Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" -- Sun Tzu
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: vasp_io_cache_abspath.patch
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 1320 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/debichem-devel/attachments/20260916/e65bd27b/attachment.patch>


More information about the Debichem-devel mailing list