[Design-devel] new Debian homepage: request for review

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Nov 8 10:37:55 GMT 2019

    > Some of my changes are similar to what Birger was raising so I post the result here.

    > https://people.debian.org/~coucouf/new_homepage/debian-new-homepage-1920.png
    > https://people.debian.org/~coucouf/new_homepage/debian-new-homepage-mobile.png

    > Currently it’s only live hacks on my own machine but I wanted to get some feedback before making a/some MRs out of it, so comments welcome.

    > I’d still like to :
    > - use a swirl + "debian" icon for the top left
    > - fix the icons bumping into the text on mobile.
Hi Aurélien,

I miss the Debian word and swirl in the middle of the top.
I like your idea of swapping between white and light grey background
for the parts below the picture and swirl.
But it's too much red text in your design, which is a color for an
alarm. One should also use more contrast (e.g. download box), so the
text is better readable.

The current problem is, that we get so much feedback and new ideas,
and someone has to decide which things we want to change, and which
not.

Since Carsten did most of the design (with a little help from
me), I like to collect all of them , and discuss it with Carsten.
He currently is very busy, so it's not clear when we will apply some
changes to the design, maybe after we published the new homepage. I
think the web team needs to discuss this. So currently we like to get
more translations finished.

Please publish your changes in a MR so we can look at it, and maybe we
pick some parts from you or not.

--
regards Thomas