[Design-devel] Fwd: Akira package

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Mon Mar 15 16:25:33 GMT 2021

Quoting Patrick Vavrina (2021-03-15 16:55:34)
> I like testing Debian and graphical environments.
>
> I’m not a designer neither a developer, but it’s a real pleasure for
> me to use this technologies.
>
> My professional skills are more oriented in system engineering, Web
> integration and databases administration.
>
> I would like learning mobile development and increasing my knowledge
> in Web development: HTML5/CSS3/JavaScript/PHP. Thus it will be a good
> starting point to develop and package some applications.

With your interest in mobile development, you might want to join the
Mobian team: https://wiki.debian.org/Mobian

There is also a broader collection about Debian on mobile devices at
https://wiki.debian.org/Mobile

The JavaScript team can always use some help maintaining the many
JavaScript packages: https://wiki.debian.org/Javascript

With your interest in CSS, maybe you know about Sass (if not you should
check it out: https://sass-lang.com/ ) and would like to help maintain
packages with Sass libraries: https://tracker.debian.org/teams/sass/

There is also a PHP team: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPHPGroup

Or maybe you would be interested in helping out with the Debian website:
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster

> I also subscribed to GitHub Akira UX.
>
> I think that this soft has a strong potential for designers who are
> looking an alternative to privative ones (Adobe XD or Sketch).
>
> GTK+/Vala interests me too.
>
> I could contribute upstream with Akira developers then packaging it
> downstream to Debian (unstable-testing-stable).

Nice.  I am sure Akira upstream is happy to get some help as well :-)

Enjoy!

 - Jonas