[Design-devel] Debian Design meeting september

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Sep 6 16:02:14 BST 2022

Hi Tammy,

[ replying to the team mailinglist ]

Quoting Tammy Manning (2022-09-06 13:01:54)
> Is this for the Debconf in India with regards to Design?
> I did the design at the South African debconf in 2016 and would love
> to be involved with coming up with something nice and creative for the
> Indian Debconf.

When interested in concrete design for next Debconf, please contact the
Debconf local team and ask them how you can help with that.

> Is that what the meeting is about? If so please include me in it.

The Design team is abstractly about designability of Debian (not about
doing concrete designs needed by other teams or areas in Debian.

(confusingly we work on some concrete projects as well, but only for
ourselves (not for others) with to goal of learning designability
aspects of a field - e.g. we do a GTK widget theme to better understand
widget theming, and we do a Debian Pure Blend to better understand
design aspects of composing blends)

If you are interested in abstract designability of Debian, then welcome
to the Design team - please join our mailinglist and our irc chatroom -
see more details at https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Design/ or ask here or
on irc if something is confusing :-)

Kind regards,

 - Jonas