[Fingerforce-devel] [Thinkfinger-devel] ThinkFinger, Quo Vadis?

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Thu Nov 15 13:28:33 UTC 2007

Hi all!

is exactly the same as Daniel and Timo's :-)

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:54:08 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Timo Hoenig wrote:
>> What we want is a unified solution for all fingerprint reader
>> devices.  At best, we'll have a library which supports all kinds of
>> fingerprint readers.  No matter which manufacturer, no matter what
>> model, no matter whether the device does the fingerprint matching in
>> hardware or whether software is being used.
>
> I've just released an open source project with these aims (UPEK device
> support included amongst 3 other device types).
>
> http://www.reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/

Thank you for the link.

Are you aware of the Fingerprint Verification System [1]?

Another summary (but far than complete) of the "fingerprint on
GNU/Linux" situation is available at [2].

> If there are any questions about my project/software in general,
> please use the fprint mailing list rather than polluting this
> one. Thanks!

I subscribed, since I'm interested in collaborating to bring the
general solution to Debian.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: