[Fingerforce-devel] libpam-thinkfinger/libpam-fprint and screensavers

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Tue Mar 4 00:17:41 UTC 2008

tags 469043 + pending
tags 469048 + pending
thanks

Hi all!

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 16:54:55 +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 02:43:35 +0100, dererk wrote:
>> Do you see any possible problem by doing this?
>> It there any kind of impediment to apply to this right now?
>
> No, except that the rule I provided at bug #469043 [1] should be changed
> to use ATTRS instead of SYSFS [2] and permissions 0664 [3], thus:

> # SGS Thomson Microelectronics Fingerprint Reader
> ATTRS{idVendor}=="0483", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2016", MODE="0664", GROUP="plugdev"
>
> If you don't mind, I'll prepare a test package for both ThinkFinger and
> fprint with the correct udev rules and then test them before committing
> to the FingerForce SVN repository ;-)

Actually, the udev rule is even simpler: no need to specify the MODE
parameter since 0664 is the default mode for USB devices (at least when
bug #444809 [1] will be completely solved) and we don't change it, only
the group ownership.

For ThinkFinger, I thus committed the modified version of the above udev
rule for the USB device (SVN r83, bug #469043 [2]) as well as the one
for the uinput device (SVN r84, bug #469048 [3]).  I planned to release
a new ThinkFinger version in the next days, including the tf-tool patch
at [4].

For fprint, I'll commit soon a very basic udev rule for the SGS Thomson
reader 0483:2016, together with the proper documentation (NEWS.Debian
and README.Debian).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: