[Fingerforce-devel] fprintd and libpam-fprintd in debian-testing

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud odyx at debian.org
Thu Aug 20 19:09:47 BST 2020

Le mardi, 18 août 2020, 14.49:13 h CEST Hendrik Boll a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> i was wondering if there is a reason that no release candidate of the
> two mentioned packages is available for the testing branch of debian?
> they are available in stable and especially sid.

Thank you for reaching out. Later versions of fprintd and libpam-fprintd are
available in experimental:
	https://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/fprintd

Unfortunately, fprintd got removed from testing [0] because of [1] (FTBFS with
GCC-10).

As for why the fprintd/libpam-fprintd are not in unstable; you should talk to
Laurent (in CC). It seems our paths on these packages have not crossed, and I
personally haven't touched these since 2016. Laurent: you should probably
remove me from uploaders (and add yourself); if by any means you consider my
uploaders' status to be blocking you, by all means feel free to do what feels
best for fprintd!

Regards,
	OdyX

[0] https://tracker.debian.org/news/1166994/fprintd-removed-from-testing/