[Freedombox-discuss] Introductions

Clint Adams schizo at debian.org
Fri Aug 27 18:59:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 04:31:48PM +0100, Dafydd Harries wrote:
> though, you're bootstrapping using the fact that you have a service with a
> well-known name and that can accept incoming connections — the Jabber server.
> Should we expect to be able to use something similar for the freedom box?

In my mind, a fundamental requirement to the success of such a freedom box
would be some sort of distributed, decentralized naming system.  I recall
that Antoine mentioned distributed hash tables at DebConf.

Maybe there could be something like Tor Hidden Services, minus the anonymity
and bolstered by certifications and Monkeysphere-like validation.