[Freedombox-discuss] Introductions

Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson bre at beanstalks-project.net
Mon Aug 30 11:14:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:48:09AM +0200, Michiel de Jong wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>>
>>  As I see it, this FreedomBox project may not need to ever write a single
>>> piece of code!
>>>

>>>  Good point, thank you. Understanding that, I will probably work on my
>> own project, separate from FreedomBox, and way upstream from it as you say.
>>
>> I will follow your progress, and if at any point I feel I have something
>> that could be useful for the FreedomBox, then I'll let you know.
>>

> Great!  Do keep us updated, and please stay subscribed.
>
> I do not mean to kill enthusiasm, on the contrary: I worry that
> creating-code initiatives have a high risk of getting nowhere if attempted
> to be realized here.  Too many cooks may spoil invention.

I think you make an excellent point - there is lots and lots of fantastic
software out there, making what we already have easy to deploy and use is
the quickest way to come up with something useful and start having impact.
Rather than reinvent wheels, we should make the ones we have as easy to use
as possible.

That said - do you have pointers (links etc.) for those of use who are
actually writing what we feel are missing pieces of this particular puzzle,
to help us make progress on adding our code to the Debian package tree?

>  - Jonas
>
> --
>  * Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
>  * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
>
>  [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before reusing  [ ] keep private

Bjarni R. Einarsson

http://beanstalks-project.net/
http://bre.klaki.net/