[Freedombox-discuss] WebID

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Oct 9 03:44:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

FreedomBox needs a mechanism to authenticate its owner(s).

I want that authentication mechanism to be WebID.

Here is a well written and up-to-date intro on the subject:
http://digitalbazaar.com/2010/08/07/webid/

For those considering OpenID: WebID can act as OpenID while itself being
decentral.  OpenID is relatively central by design.

For those familiar with semantic web and FOAF: WebID = FOAF+SSL!