[Freedombox-discuss] Leaving the (proprietary) cloud - my roadmap for FB

bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
Sat Oct 9 17:05:40 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 06:47:10PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 02:26:35PM +0200,
> bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org wrote:
> >On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 02:02:42PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >>search >>engine to DuckDuckGo.com, which is still a central
> >>service, but >>provides less hints for other services to track
> >>info about my >>online activities.

> >>...which is?
> >
> >http://3g2upl4pq6kufc4m.onion, can be found easily, they announced it.
>
> Could you please elaborate in *words* on what it is you are talking
> about?
>
> I failed to resolve above (is it a TOR URL?), and anyway I find it
> generally annoying to need to jump through hoops instead of simply
> be given a clear brief explanation :-(

Sorry, I thought that Tor's "hidden services" was a widespread concept,
particulary in this project, which is related to privacy. I won't describe
it myself, but paste you the URL you can find in search engines easily
about this topic : http://www.torproject.org/hidden-services.html.en

and http://www.torproject.org/overview.html.en for some more informations.

I think this must be part of FB, you know, for the chinese people Moglen
talk about in his conference.

bert.