[Freedombox-discuss] The FB Base system

Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson bre at beanstalks-project.net
Mon Oct 11 11:50:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:41:37AM +0000, Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson wrote:
>
>> PageKite is built around the idea that people will almost certainly want
>> to run publicly visible servers on plug computers or other personal devices
>> (including mobile ones). [...] multiple f-boxes behind the same router -
>> sharing a single IP. Running services in that environment is decidedly
>> nontrivial.
>>
> [snip]
>
>  The alpha (which people are welcome to volunteer to help test) currently
>> supports HTTP and HTTPS (end-to-end, PageKite doesn't need to decrypt the
>> packets it just looks at the SNI header), and I plan support for XMPP,
>> incoming SMTP (not outgoing or relayed, due to spam issues) and
>> content-agnostic dynamically allocated high ports as well.
>>

> Quite interesting!
>
> Is the code public accessible somewhere?

No, stuff is still rather unstable so I've been too shy to make a public
release. ;-)  As I said in the first mail, a public beta is planned for
November.

In the meantime, I'm happy to send anyone on this list a copy of the current
alpha and a test account to use it with. Just send mail to
alpha-testing at pagekite.net and we'll get right back to you.

--
Bjarni R. Einarsson
Founder, CEO and janitor of the Beanstalks Project.

http://beanstalks-project.net/  ~  http://bre.klaki.net/