[Freedombox-discuss] qemu squeeze armel image

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Mon Oct 11 13:02:49 UTC 2010

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 20:15:04 +0200, bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I succesfully build a qemu image of a debian squeeze (armel arch).
>
> As Lars seems to lack time to do this, I've prepared one. Point is that I
> don't have a public webspace to put it on, so if someone here has some
> spare place for it, please contact me to give the way to upload it.
>
> It's actually a 512Mo cqow2 image, that I've partitionned as a LVM volume
> so that it can be extended with another disk, sounded like close to what
> was possible for a sheevaplug or so.

I can host that if people find it useful, although if that's a a vanilla
install, I'd think it might be better to publish the recipe somehow
(with as much of the install automated as possible) as that will give us
a quicker download, and will give us a starting point on which to build
a fully automated install, which is almost certainly going to be useful
at some point.

Not that I'm trying to discourage you, as an image for everyone to work
From might well be useful, and would provide a point of comparison for
anyone subsequently coming up with auto-install stuff.

So, send me a URL (and provide a GPG signature for the image) and I'll
publish both for you.

BTW reasons to switch fairly rapidly to scripted installs include the
fact that it's much easier to audit them, and also easier to build on
one another's work if the scripts are kept in DVCS.  They can also act as
a staging post for things that should really be in debconf, but aren't
yet.

Cheers, Phil.