[Freedombox-discuss] [Freedom Box] Finding your FB box on the network

bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
Thu Oct 14 17:47:37 UTC 2010

Got to say I find this process quite complicated actually, compared to
have a debian installer with web installation. Even more if we had to add
some webid support, which sound quite too much untested technology to me.

Actually the liveCD way as it goes will mean to develop an installer,
which might not be really adapted to the upstream use cases, so that might
be a lot of dev to do and maintain (plus adding all this overhead about
the password setting), cause it probably won't be merged upstream.

Plus, being part of the T(A)ILS livecd dev team [1], I know it's not that
easy to follow debian live's development. I'm actually not sure the
installer they work oon will be available soon.

The idea to use the debian installer was to try to use the one *already
existing* and that prove to work, and has ways to configure those
passwords.

This way to go would just mean a little dev, and possibly even less on the
long run if we try to push it in the debian installer.

That would even be quite compatible with the use debconf web interface to
set up the system.

bert.

[1] https://amnesia.boum.org