[Freedombox-discuss] [Freedom Box] Finding your FB box on the network

intrigeri intrigeri+freedombox at boum.org
Thu Oct 21 15:46:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

Christian Brædstrup wrote (14 Oct 2010 20:57:18 GMT) :
> Bert, I don't think you can use the debian installer to install from
> a Live-CD.

You can:

  apt-get install live-build
  look for --debian-installer in lb_config(1)

Some work is ongoing to mention this in Squeeze release notes.

> That is why I have talked about using the debootstrap and not the
> installer. If you can find any sources where they say it is posible
> then great but on the Debian live wiki they have this page:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/Custom_Install

The wiki is awfully outdated, deprecated, and shall not be used as a
reference. Try asking about it on the debian-live mailing list and
you'll be answered this pretty quickly.

The only existing up-to-date reference documentation about Debian Live
is in the manpages (live-build, live-boot and live-config packages)
and in the manual:  http://live.debian.net/manual/

Bye,
--
  intrigeri <intrigeri at boum.org>