[Freedombox-discuss] [Freedom Box] Finding your FB box on the network

Christian Brædstrup linuxchristian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 08:15:27 UTC 2010

2010/10/21 Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>

> The only reliable approach, I believe, is to act as a distributor, obeying
> the Debian Policy just as all Debian packages are mandated to do: Do not
> edit config files directly, but instead ask the packages to edit their
> configurations via their debconf interfaces.
>

> I apologize ahead if I am too thickheaded and have completely misunderstood
> your intended use of debian-live.

Jonas, I don't know how you got that out of my mail but I assure you that it
isn't my intent to limit the user with the stuff I am working on right now
(and not in the future). My focus right now is just to get the packages off
the live system and onto the machine and get a clean boot. When that works I
will go out and get a cold beer and begin working on a interface ;)

My plan has all along been to use as much infrastructure as posible. Like
most programmers I don't like to do more work then I have to. My plan is
either to write stuff for debconf directly or use a stable 3th party app
like the Model::Config or Jonas' Tweaks project. But before I have a working
installer I am saving that decision for another day.

That is of course just the plan in my head and I am open to sugestions.

Cheers,
Christian