[Freedombox-discuss] TahoeFS

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Oct 23 17:13:59 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 12:54:03PM -0400, rohit wrote:
>Hi Anthony, I'm going to play with Tahoe LAFS this weekend.  It has
>advantages to "cloud provided storage" in being secure, p2pclient
>based.  It seems like it might be the right solution, and is pretty
>debian friendly with an sshfs connector.

Last I checked (quite some time ago), TahoeFS looked quite interesting
feature-wise, but its coding and packaging was quite weird.  So weird
that I gave up packaging it for Debian.

I find it important that software is distributed via Debian.  That of
course shouldn't stop others from playing with non-Debian software.

...and hopefully I am all mistaken and the code is as wonderful as its
features :-)