[Freedombox-discuss] Configuring Mobile Devices

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Sep 2 17:03:22 UTC 2010

If you are talking about the mobile device being on the local network
with the freedom box, then you can use Multicast DNS Service Discovery
(aka mDNS-SD aka zeroconf aka Bonjour aka Rendezvous) to advertise and
find services that machines offer.  So things like IMAP, SMTP, CalDav,
Jabber/XMPP, SMB, DAAP, HTTP, etc. can be advertized with mDNS-SD.

.hc