[Freedombox-discuss] A software architecture for the FreedomBox

Rob van der Hoeven robvanderhoeven at ziggo.nl
Wed Apr 13 15:06:23 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

This is my first message on this list so let me introduce myself.
I'm Rob van der Hoeven, a developer from The Netherlands that want a
FreedomBox for myself (and everyone else of course!). At the moment i'm
building my own FreedomBox and like to share my work/experience with
other FreedomBox enthusiasts. For this i created a blog
(http://freedomboxblog.nl/) to document the building of my own
FreedomBox.

One of the first things you have to do when building a system like the
FreedomBox is figure out the software architecture. I have come up with
an interesting architecture that is made of Linux Containers (Virtual
Machines). Maybe this is already discussed on this list (i have joined
only recently). If you are interested you can read about it on:

http://freedomboxblog.nl/a-software-architecture-for-the-freedombox/

Friendly greetings,
Rob van der Hoeven.