[Freedombox-discuss] freedombox-discuss/2011-April/001330.html

Drachen Birch drachen.birch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 01:41:34 UTC 2011

Sorry if I'm being dense here, but wasn't the whole point of FreedomBox
in the first place to be secure and private?  -As in, to not be spied
on?  How does a proprietary appliance to do the same thing even
compare?  I'm confused.  Also, all this talk of using a SW solution that
will work with any HW.  I'm pretty sure that my cell phone has its GPS
function bundled with its data, on at least the firmware level, if not
HW.  Kinda' makes FrBx SW solution on top of it rather a non-starter,
neh?  If I'm full of it, could someone please enlighten me?  Thanks.

-Another Peasant