[Freedombox-discuss] T-shirt / Logo idea

Joshua Spodek joshuaspodek at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 23:50:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 12:05 -0500, Charles N Wyble wrote:
> On 04/17/2011 11:50 AM, Joshua Spodek wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 18:08 +0000,
> > freedombox-discuss-request at lists.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> >
> > I put some simple examples at
> > http://joshuaspodek.com/freedombox-logo-ideas. They aren't supposed
> > be the final word, just starting points for discussion.
>
> Very cool. I like the first one. My ideal logo based on those choices:
>
> combine the wifi signal lines with the third option.
>
> One thing I would like to see communicated is the idea of user
> interaction. Maybe a floating android?
>

> > If the individual flower idea resonates, we can also create images
> of
> > fields of colorful Freedombox flowers. Each can have its own color
> and
> > variety (rose-like, tulip-like, etc) representing its individuality.
>
> Very nice.
>

> > A field of Freedombox flowers is like a mesh of computers, with
> messages
> > going from peer to peer, represented by the network-connected waves.
> It
> > could be animated with new ones popping up all the time.
>
> Yes. Exactly. :)

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback!

Regarding the "ideal" logo, our thoughts were to introduce Freedombox
flowers as a theme simple enough that people could create other versions
within it.

For example, this first batch showed you could vary colors, open or
close the box, include wifi waves or not, etc.

We also envisioned versions with different varieties. These first ones
are like tulips, but others could be like roses, orchids, carnations,
etc, perhaps representing different hardware, software, etc. These are
simple and angular, but others could have more detail, look more
hand-drawn, etc, depending on context.